25/04/2018 by Blush By Jena Louise 0 Comments
10 Top tips for enjoying your wedding day
After months or years of planning, the week of your wedding is finally here! I bet your thinking where did all the time go?
After running from the hairdressers to the nail salon to slipping into your dress for one last time to check everything is perfect, it’s easy to see why so many brides feel unbelievably stressed in the final few days before saying ‘I Do’.
These 10 tips will help you ensure that after that last sip of champagne has been drunk and you’ve danced the night away the magical memories of your wedding day stay with you forever.
- Make sure you’ve left enough time to have a peaceful relaxing night. Either invite over a few friends or enjoy the few hours alone. No last minuet calls to caterers, florists or venues. This way you can get excited for the day ahead without worrying about the details.
- Your chosen place to get ready will be an array of bridesmaids, make-up, dresses and hair products. With all your girls fighting over mirror space and somewhere to get changed. Why not ask your bridesmaids to pack the following items to make your wedding morning peaceful and fun
- Their own mirror
- A CD/ Playlist of all your favourite song
- Dressing gown
- Their own personal emergency kits including; tweezers, spare tights, spare hair pins etc
- Appoint a close person to be your dresser on your wedding day. This person should attend your last bridal fitting and have a trial run on how to put you in your wedding dress. Ensure there is a space where the two of you can go away from the hustle and bustle of wedding morning madness. This also gives you the opportunity to do the ‘big reveal’ to your wedding party.
- If your planning on using fake tan for your wedding day ensure you time your appointment AFTER you try your gown on but a few days before the wedding to ensure no marks appear on your pristine gown. Use a tried and tested product to ensure you don’t have any orange disasters!
- Make sure a trusted friend or relative has a pre-discussed list of all the various family/friend groupings you have requested. Although your photographer will have this he/she won’t necessarily know every guest at your wedding. This saves precious time trying to track down certain family members during photographs and gives the photographer more time to get that perfect shot.
- Ask your florist for a vase or a stand to display your bouquet on the top table or next to the cake. This saves you from carrying it around all day and still leaves it looking beautiful.
- Create an invite only file share on sites such as Dropbox for all your guests to add their photos from your wedding day. You will be surprised at which moments they may have captured.
- Ensure your caterer or venue pack up some food for you and the groom to take back with you. You will be surprised at how appreciated a late night snack will be after your wedding.
- Arrange for your transport half an hour to an hour towards the end of your reception. That way you don’t miss out on any partying but still get an amazing send off from all your guests.
- Don’t forget to thank everyone who has helped you create your perfect wedding day!